The DoSelect IDE enables you to create full-fledged applications in an isolated, cloud-based environment easily. The terminal has root access to the virtual machine and can be used to install any additional software needed. The live preview feature enables you to run your application live and see the results in real-time.
File browser lists files and folders of the workspace.
- Left-clicking a file opens the file in a new tab
- Left-clicking a folder opens up files in the folder as a subtree
Right Clicking a file/folder opens up a context menu that has the following options
- New File creates a new file with a user-specified name in the current directory's context
- New Folder creates a new folder with a user-specified name in the current directory's context
- Copy Path copies the file/folder path to the clipboard
- Delete deletes the file/folder
- Rename renames the file/folder
Workspace manager does the following
- Green indicates the connectivity is good and IDE is online.
- Orange indicates the connectivity is poor and IDE operations won’t work until Connection is live. Note that on network disconnection, IDE retries to re-establish the connectivity.
- Reload allows you to refresh the workspace tree
- Create a file/folder allows you to create a file/folder in the root directory of the workspace.
To edit a file
- Click on a file from the File Browser pane.
- The file will be opened in a new tab.
- Make changes to the file.
- To save press the usual key combination (Ctrl / Cmd + S).
- Click the close button to close a tab.
Apart, a couple of handy features that come along are
- All changes made to the files are temporarily stored locally. Unsaved file changes would not be lost on network disconnection or browser window/tab refresh.
- Right-clicking on the editor allows you to cut/copy/paste the selection to Clipboard.
- You may open multiple tabs by clicking on a file from the File Browser pane.
- Syntax Highlighting and auto-completion are enabled for all supported languages.
- Gutter would display line-specific errors (or) warnings.
- When file changes are not saved, the file is in a dirty state and a pencil icon would be displayed on the specific tab.
- When a file is in a dirty state (non-saved state), that tab cannot be closed.
The menu bar consists of all the actions related to the IDE categorized under respective menus. Most options are self-explanatory.
The action bar consists of buttons for repetitive actions with a single click. The following are the available actions (ordered left to right)
- Upload workspace enables you to upload your local workspace (in zip format) which replaces the existing workspace.
- Download the current workspace locally. The file would be format
- Build (Available only in APP environments) triggers a build according to the pre-configured command. Real-time logs are streamed in the Command logs pane. (Refer logs section)
- Test (Available only in APP environments) triggers the test suite according to the pre-configured command. Real-time logs are streamed in the Command logs pane. (Refer logs section)
- Live preview opens a new tab with a pre-configured preview URL. You needn't download/install anything to see your code changes. The changes are updated in real-time. (Available only in APP, UIX, and SHL environments)
- Save all files saves all the unsaved files in the workspace.
Info bar consists of the following
- Test end countdown timer. (Available only in test environments)
- View problem statement without moving out of IDE.
- Finalize and submit the solution. (Available only in test environments)
- Close IDE
A bash based terminal connected to the live machine. It supports the operations done on a local terminal instance.
- Application logs are the server logs streamed on interaction with the live preview.
- Commands logs are build/test log streams triggered on build/test action.
Please sign in to leave a comment.