What is a ‘video’ problem type?
‘Video’ is a problem type in DoSelect that is used by recruiters to screen candidates through a quick video response.
Best used for?
- To pre-qualify candidates before they are scheduled for rounds of interviews
- Save interview hours for the panel. Save time on interviewing potentially irrelevant candidates, all of it in a proctored environment.
- Evaluate on any subject in short format responses, across stages like screening, assessment, and interview
- Evaluate more candidates' profiles in less time by evaluating the bite-size videos in free time or during working hours.
Who can use it?
Anyone who wants to pre-assess or pre-interview candidates to make a smarter shortlist.
Where and how can this be used?
You can either use ‘Video’ type as one of the questions in the assessments or you can create an independent assessment containing only ‘Video’ type questions, all depending upon your objectives.
How does evaluation work on this problem type?
A Video type question has to be manually evaluated by accessing the report and assigning scores on each problem. All the video responses go through image-based proctoring with Ai that flags for any suspicious behavior, followed by a report which carries a video playback and flagged images.
How to access it?
Go to Homepage > Test > CREATE NEW TESTS > PROBLEMS > Add problems > Problem type > Video > Select questions and so on.
- How many questions can be added?
Any number of video type questions can be added to an assessment as long as they are assigned a time limit for the response
- Where to review the video response?
You will see a video playback of the response in the report for each question. Note that the video can only be accessed on the platform and does not reflect in downloaded reports.
- Size of each video file?
Since the video is captured through a webcam and stored on the platform the file size constraint does not arise.
- Evaluation and scoring?
All questions under video type have to be manually evaluated and to be assigned scores on test completion.
- Is it a pre-recorded file or a live recording
It is a live recording through a webcam.
- How does the proctoring work in a video assessment?
All video responses will go through image-based proctoring and suspicious behavior if any, is captured in the reports
- Does it need any video upload or download? Where does it get saved?
The video is captured through a webcam during the assessment and therefore no separate upload or download is required in any stage or format. Kindly note that the video is saved only on the platform.
- Maximum duration of each question?
The maximum duration of an individual question can be assigned at not more than 600 seconds
- Can we create and upload our own questions?
Yes, you can create any number of questions in the ‘my company questions’ and add them in the test as you create.
To create a video question go to:
Go to Homepage > Library > my company questions > Create a new problem > Name: Problem type: Video: Difficulty level > Expected solving time > Score: Penalty > Video time limit, and so on...
The Dos and Don’ts of Video type:
- Set the video response duration fairly short when your objective is to get a quick response and screen through a large set of candidates, quickly!
- Set the video response duration at length only when you want the response to be elaborate
- Always enable proctoring to be on the safer side
- Do not use video question type if the auto-evaluation is a must in your hiring strategy
- Do not use video question type if you want to base your hiring decision purely on the video, as this format caters to only the subjective side of the evaluation
That is all about the video response problem type, start using to make a smarter shortlist.