Got an invite to give a coding test on DoSelect? This guide will help you understand the basics of the test and the environment.
Here's how you can give a test on DoSelect.
- Check your inbox for the test invite. You'll receive Test Invite email from email@example.com. If you’re unable to find test invite in your primary, then check spam folder. Open the invite email and click on GO TO TEST button.
- You would be redirected to the test page now. Enter the information requested to proceed.
- Once you enter all mandatory information, click on the PROCEED TO TEST button.
- Click on START THIS TEST button once you're ready to give the test. A dialogue box will appear which contains instructions and declaration terms
- Click on AGREE AND CONTINUE button to proceed and you would get access to the test. This will also start the timer for your test
6. Click on the problem name to start solving the problem.
7. Problem Landing Page: This is how a problem window looks like. ￼
Click on the CREATE Workspace button, and after the workspace is created, it looks something like this
Click on the OPEN IDE option, you’ll be redirected to the next page that looks something like this:
Various buttons and their functionalities are described below:
- Toggle Sidebar: This button is to toggle the sidebar
- upload workspace: This button is for uploading the workspace. Be careful of the directory structure. Say suppose you have the project directory like
- For the directory structure above, you are recommended to not zip the parent folder but zip the individual files and then upload
- Download Workspace: Click on Download Workspace to download the workspace
- Test: Click on test the application
- It triggers the test suite according to the pre-configured command.
- Progress can be seen under the COMMAND LOGS
- Save: click on save to save your work
- Build: Click to build the application
- It builds your project and creates a ".war" file and deploys it to tomcat installed in /tomcat/webapps , which is then accessible when Live Preview button is clicked
- Progress can be seen under the COMMAND LOGS.
- Port: Hit the Port Button to view the application
- Reload Workspace: Hit this button to reload your workspace
- Create New File: Hit this button to create a file in the workspace section
- Create New Folder: Hit this button to create a folder in the workspace section
- Terminal: You can run your commands here
- To view a problem you can click on the Problem button which looks like this
- To submit a problem click on the Submit button which will submit your problem.
8. Once you’ve solved all the problems, Click on the SUBMIT AND END TEST button.
9. After Successful submission, you'll see the below message.