Full Stack developer assessments test candidates' skills on front and back end of an application/website i.e They can tackle projects that involve databases, APIs, build user-facing websites, or even work with clients during the planning phase of projects. They work both client-side and server-side.
Which Skills to Look for?
Developers who are familiar with each stage of software technology and are usually tested on front-end programming, back-end programming, and databases. Some of key requirements are:
- Third-party libraries like React or Angular
- Programming languages and libraries like Ruby, PHP, Java and Python
- Experience with databases, i.e. MongoDB, SQL, MySQL
- Version control like Git
- Knowledge of security concerns and best practices
- Good knowledge of web or visual design, UiUx knowhow
Why DoSelect for Full Stack?
DoSelect enables recruiters to evaluate Front-end, Back-end, and Full Stack skills in the same application during the assessment. We provide an IDE with VM upto 4GB memory that comes in with an integrated terminal. With DoSelect recruiters can see auto evaluated reports or manually review and score candidates. Our environment allows recruiters to evaluate candidates on real-world problem scenarios. When hiring candidates, companies usually test their knowledge on frameworks and programming skills in building real applications. The platform currently supports questions for React, Angular and Java Spring.
Benefits of “DoSelect Full-stack” test environment for candidates
- Dedicated IDE (web-based + local)
DoSelect offers a web-based IDE, the coding environment is pre-setup which can be used readily by the candidates to solve the task. Our IDE allows candidates to code, create and move folders and files, and run project-type problems with access to a terminal.
- Objective comparison and evaluation of candidates
Evaluate objectively by using unit testing or manual scoring, to ensure a faster and more objective and result-oriented candidate evaluation.
Benefits for recruiters
- Auto graded scoring: The DoSelect ‘Full-stack testing environment’ supports auto-graded scoring based on the number of test cases passed. Candidate submissions are accessible in the candidate reports on the platform.
- Evaluate at scale: The evaluation is done by using unit test cases or a manual score evaluation.
- Flexibility: Currently, our system supports project-based questions for front-end, back-end, and full-stack roles. Our testing environment can run any stack that is supported on Ubuntu. This allows the question setter to upload a project directory and present candidates with a project initialized in the online IDE.
Please sign in to leave a comment.